|The Weekly Aliyot||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
Hayom-Yom for 2, Tishrei
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
- L'keil Orech Din is said at Musaf.
Friday Tishrei 2, * 2nd day of Rosh Hashana 5704 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Ha'azinu, Shishi with Rashi.
Tehillim: 10-17. Also 91-93.
Tanya: (Such) created (p. 499)...to its cause). (p. 501).
At Mincha do not say Hodu (p. 124); do say Patach Eliyahu (p. 125).
"In general terms they are the Kavanot (mystical devotions) of the verses whose initial letters are the second Name of the Name Mem-Bet. 
However, some keep the Kavanot of the words Ana B'choach in thought, but do not pronounce the letters or words.
One who is involved with Kavanot must study those subjects in the Arizal's  writings until he knows them clearly, and then his Kavanot are acceptable and favored.
- (Back to text) I.e. the "Siddur with Chassidus."
- (Back to text) when we do not, in fact, actually say it. See Siddur pp. 280-1.
- (Back to text) A mystical form of the Divine Name consisting of 42 letters. See Kidushin 71a.
- (Back to text) "Arizal" is an acronym for Rabbi Yitzchak Luria of blessed memory (zal) whose kabalistic writings are basic for knowledge of mystical devotions.
* According to circumstantial evidence cited by the Rebbe Sh'lita (Sefer Hamaamarim 5711, p. 106), this day marks the Yahrzeit in 5703 (1942), of Rebbetzin Sheina, daughter of the Previous Rebbe. May G-d avenge her blood. (She was married to R. Menachem Mendel Hakohein Horenstein.)
| About |